Sunday 8 July 2012

Space Age




I saw the ‘mode of transport' challenge at Artful Times and could think of so many possibilities that I was stuck for a while.

My self-imposed challenge of using up my Docrafts Goody Bag helped me decide on my mode – the rocket. The goody bag contains 1950s style papers and I thought I’d do an (in those days) futuristic  space age look card.

The spaceman stamp is a single acrylic stamp – I got it at a show, don’t know brand. The rockets are made from a Cuttlbug die (aimed at kids!). The dark circle was cut out from October Afternoon Rocket Age paper.

I really had fun making this!

7 comments:

Neet said...

It looks as if that was a fun card to make Marina. I love that spaceman stamp - what a find that was, and the rockets are great going around. bet not many think of doing this for a mode of transport - love it.
Thanks for sharing with us at Artful Times again Marina,
Hugs, Neet x

chrissie said...

Fantastic Marina and a great use of the tresures in your goodie bag

Love Chrissie xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh, I like the card a lot, great design, fab rockets and image.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Michelle J M said...

What a fantastic imagination you have Marina. This is a super card. Clever you! Michelle x

G Peplow said...

Hi there, This is brilliant, I love the whole card, super spaceman stamp and I love the self imposed usage rule:0)LOL
Having a look through your blog today, you've made some really beautiful cards, I especially like your Mo Manning creations. The card for your son's teacher is simply perfect, Gay xxx

Von said...

Oh yes that would be a great way to travel ! and I agree what a find your spaceman stamp was :)one out of this world card :) thank you for sharing it with us at Artful Times
Von x☺x

sam21ski said...

Never even thought of space rockets as a way to travel, great idea and your spaceman stamp is so cute.

Sam - Artful Times xxx