Tuesday 28 October 2014

Birds of a Feather

I thought I'd take a rest from Christmas cards and join in some non- Christmas (or Halloween!) challenges.

The theme for this card was set by Time Out  -  'birds of a feather flock together' . I didn't have to think too long before I remembered this stamp but it took me ages to find it! (Note to self: must downsize craft stash!).

The spots on the birds made me remember I'd seen a 'dots' challenge at Love to Scrap.  I carried the theme through with a spotty embossing folder and a spotty label stamp (Stampin Up) , which I punched out and stamped a sentiment in (Sarah Hurley).

You may notice I haven't credited the brand of the birds stamp. That's because the packaging has long gone. Which brings me to the 'Shop in Your Craft Room ' challenge at Simply Create Too . All the stuff I've mentioned is old stuff, as is the vellum I stamped the birds on, which has been gathering dust for a while now.

7 comments:

sandie said...

just spotted this one my reader and guessed it was for Time Out! Love the flock of birds and how you have used the vellum here. Great idea to use a dotted EF. So pleased you joined us at TIME OUT x

Jacquel said...

This is so pretty...love that vellum & the birds! Very nice work...

Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Love to Scrap! & hope to see you back again for our *Bling It On* challenge!!!!!

chrissie said...

A lovely clean and fresh looking card Marina--great stamp to use.

Love Chrissie x

Pia S said...

That's one beautiful stamp. I'm hooked on vellum, there's so many ways to use it, and I like the torn edges effect here...

BrendaB said...

I love the torn vellum! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap

Lynn said...

Oh the movement on your card is gorgeous. Love the flock of birds. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

maria f. said...

Happy to hear an old stamp got some loving. What a beautiful composition. Thanks for playing at Simply Create Too!