Saturday 14 March 2015

Inkspirational Challenge - She Art


Our new challenge a Inkspirational is 'She Art or Image of a Woman'.

I wanted to get the flavour of the She Art style , but with my own twist.

First I painted, stencilled and sprayed a canvas.  Then I printed a large image from A Day For Daisies onto sticky backed canvas. I cut the image out and then cut the hair from the face - I painted the face and neck and then did the hair with paint, stamps and ink.  The quote was cut out on the Silhouette and using a label maker.

Do you recognise the quote? It's a lyric from a Natalie Cole song, and the next line is 'what you only dream about, wild women do.' I can feel a sequel canvas coming on!

Please come and visit us at Inkspirational  and see all the different ways the DT, and our GDT Lyndal have interpreted the theme.

I'd like to enter:
Paper Artsy deconstruction - I deconstructed that digi and reconstructed it again.
Crafty Boots anything but a card
Eclectic Ellapu anything goes

21 comments:

Nonni said...

Wow Marina, great work with this canvas! I love this Day For Daisies image -the hair is awesome- and your artistic touches in this.

chrissie said...

Wonderful piece of art Marina and a great quote

Love Chrissie x

Dotty Jo said...

This is fabulous, Marina - I love it! Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

This is fabulous, Marina - I love it! Jo x

sandie said...

this really is a piece of art! So much detail and it comes together perfectly-love the soft colouring and her freaky hair.I can't get that song out of my head now!

Kim M said...

I love this, Marina! The colour are fantastic and I love how you did her hair! Great quote too. :-)

Sarah G said...

Fantastic project, Marina! Love the artsy look and how you have created patterns in her hair and clothes - I want that hair :)

Hazel Agnew said...

Beautiful imagery!

cm said...

You've rendered me nearly speechless with this work of art, Marina! The techniques, the process, the final result: WOW! She Art of exponential quality! Inspired and inspiring!
Hugs~c

cm said...

I'm back...I think your card fits the ShowCASe Your Style Colour challenge...check it out and join the gallery. Sandie and I would love your company *grin*
Hugs~c

Pia S said...

This is very different from your usual style, but then the challenge theme sure is as well. I think you succeeded in reproducing a she art design, and you did it really well...

Shauna said...

Wow Marina... so much work into this card! With all of your painting and layering of color, I bet you are rather good at the mixed media style! Great take on the challenge!
- Shauna

Fliss said...

This looks amazing Marina. Such a great use of the rather wild looking woman and fabulous texture and detail.
Fliss xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Great canvass, wonderful colours and texture. I love the quote. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

I Card Everyone said...

Marina, I know nothing about She Art, but this wild gal is fabulous - I LOve that song, and your canvas!
=] Michele

Yvonne Garner said...

Love the song, love your project! Jaw dropping gorgeous! Wow.

Lucille K said...

Love what you have done with the "bed head" woman, fab card :)

Lucille K said...

Love what you have done with the "bed head" woman, fab card :)

Becca Cruger said...

I'm finally getting a chance to go through the inkspirational gallery and I ADORE your canvas! It is SO artsy and amazing! Love the quote you've chosen and that funky woman.

Unknown said...

This artwork is fabulous! Fantastic! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu! Ingrid x

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Eclectic Ellapu Pink Team Challenge.