Saturday 9 July 2016

Christmas Fairy


This photo doesn't show it but this is a really sparkly card. The stars are silver glitter paste. The fancy paper that I used to piece her skirt has embedded glitter. I covered her wings with Wink of Stella AND then threw ultrafine clear glitter over the top.

The fairy is by Lindsay Mason for Personal Impressions. When I eventually managed to get the texture paste open (am I the only crafter whose lids are all stuck on tight?) I found it had gone rock solid. A quick google failed to produce a solution, so I just added warm water and mixed it up and that seemed to do the trick.

I'd like to enter:
Ooh La La Creations  beginning with f ...fairy
Fantasy Stampers wish upon a star
Crafty Boots Christmas in July
52CCT  colours
ABC Christmas  no rules

12 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Sweet card Marina, lovely image and great papers. Thank you for sharing your Christmas project with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Wynn said...

So lovely Marina. I love your layout. I'm with you as my lids often stick or the glitter won't come out of the Stickle pots......very annoying. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at OLL challenges. Wynn DT

Pia S said...

Was going to use embossing paste myself today, but it has turned to rock as you say, so thanks for the tip. Glad I read it before throwing the can in the bin...
This is beautifully sparkly, and even more so IRL I believe. Lovely blue colors and glitter.

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Very pretty card with lots of lovely sparkle! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

chrissie said...

A really sweet card Marina

Love Chrissie xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Pretty thing!

Julie B said...

I like the image stamped in blue and how you have used a little bit of the DP from the background on her dress.
Thanks for linking up at Fantasy Stampers. :)

Linby said...

A lovely card and such nice colours too.
If you wipe the lid and rim of the jar before you put the paste away that will help - not that I ever remember!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at OLL.
Lynn x
DT

Stamping Bubbles said...

Lovely card Marina. I like the fact you have used blue to spamt your image and paper pieced the skirt to give added sparkle. I struggle terribly with get the lids off certain products, it really is very frustrating.
Thank you for sharing your card with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Lucinda said...

Very sparkly! I like the paper piecing on the skirt, and the navy background paper is so elegant, and perfect for the 52CCT colour challenge!

Carissa said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa :)