Monday 1 August 2016

In the Clouds

I'm back from a fab weekend at Happy Little Stampers retreat. During the weekend, Carol demoed some masking techniques, including making clouds using a die-cut. I'd been thinking about entering a card into Case This Sketch and originally I was going to do a complete cloud background with the strips white masked on it - but that didn't work, so I cut the backgrounds into strips and am much happier with it.

The plane and sentiment are by Penny Black.

As well as Case This Sketch, I'd also like to enter:
Casology: Journey




9 comments:

Hannelie said...

A fabulous combination of challenges Marina!
This looks amazing!
Thanks for joining us at CASology & CAS(e) this sketch!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! I love this design!! The strips with the clouds really give this something else! Fabulous card!

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun and contemporary card x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the sketch!

Stella said...

My oh my you nailed that sketch! I am in awe....

Pia S said...

This certainly works. The cloudy pattern of the strips look great!

Melissa said...

Love. This is fantastic! I'm loving the paper strip background! What a great way to ground the main image!!!
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

Inkyfingers said...

This turned out great Marina - I love the strips of cloud and it is such a stylish and contemporary design. It was good to meet you at the weekend!💐

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh my those are the best clouds ever! I love how you separated them into strips. The look is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!