Wednesday 21 December 2016

Happy Birthday Shauna

Happy Birthday to my lovely Inkspirational team-mate, Shauna .   I hope this card has reached her on time (I put it in with your Christmas card).

With all the mail we send out at this time of year, I had to keep it light to post internationally. I stamped the lantern stamp (Sheena Douglass) twice onto the card base and then paper-pieced with some paper that I'd watercoloured with irridescent pigment powders. I drew some strings and stamped the sentiment (Clearly Besotted).

I'd like to enter:
Fashionable Stamping Challenges anything goes
Love to Scrap  anything goes
Crazy Challenge everything goes

9 comments:

chrissie said...

Beautiful card for a birthday this time of year Marina

Love Chrissie xx

Lillian A said...

What pretty colors - I'm sure the recipient will be happy with this. Thanks for your entry into our challenge at Love To Scrap.

laurie said...

So pretty..love the soft water color look!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Very pretty lanterns and I like the gentle blending of colour. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, Sandra x

Stella said...

Your paper pieced pieces of water colouring are fab! Such a gorgeous birthday card. your team mate will love it!And I love your Christmas card; thank you so much!
X

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous paper piecing of the lovely watercolouring! Gorgeous card! xxx

Shauna said...

This is beautiful! Even more so in person! It actually arrived today! Perfect timing. The lanterns are so cool and the coloring is wonderful! Thank you for the thoughtfulness of this post. I appreciate you!
-Shauna

Pia S said...

Postage costs for those cards a bit more heavy weight are horrible. But I love CAS and simple designs, and I think this one is eyecatching simplicity. Great job on that own made paper too.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card and a good choice with the colours.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x