Tuesday 14 February 2017

Fairground Attraction



inside
My daughter is a great supporter of my crafting and that makes me feel I should make her something slightly spectacular for her birthday card. So, as usual, I couldn't think of what to make her until I saw the challenge at Cut it Up, to make a bendy card.

I've only ever made a bendy once before, and that was quite a simple one. So, in addition to the fantastic inspiration from the Cut it Up DT, I searched online for some good examples. I found this one by Crystal, which I used for inspiration.

Everything was cut on the Silhouette electronic cutting machine. The (pre-coloured) images are by Lettering Delights - as I had left this till the last minute, I decided against using the layered SVGs and instead, used the graphic files which I traced and 'print and cut'. The sentiment is a Clearly Besotted stamp.

As well as Cut it UP, I'd also like to enter:
Stampin Royalty just as I'm about to link up I notice it says 'dies' not 'die-cuts' and I wonder if digital cutting counts or just metal dies... ?
OohLaLa  die cuts
Crafty Friends anything goes
Creative Craft Cottage anything goes

14 comments:

chrissie said...

This is so clever and I just love all things you added to it

Chrissie xx

Sarah said...

Very nice!! Beautiful!

Deloris said...

So cute and so very clever too! Thanks for joining the challenge at Ooh La La!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Wow! This is a spectacular card! Your daughter will love it. So glad we inspired you to go bendy!

Thanks for joining us for our Bendy/Scene Card challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Karen Dunbrook said...

just amazing..love it!!!

Melissa said...

This is so fun, Marina! I love all the little details that are included! I've never done this type of project before, but after seeing this, I might just be tempted... ;)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is an awesome creation Marina!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

This is fabulous Marina! Love all that detail... I made one for my friend Pat as a special some years ago ... Funny I've never done a bendy card since. Anyway your daughter will surely be thrilled!

Craftychris said...

Wow! This is spectacular! So bright and cheerful, your daughter must have loved it! I think I would be scared to try and make a bendy card, maybe one day! It would be a step outside of my comfort zone! xxx

Pia S said...

I always try and go the extra mile for my family members cards. For the same reason, they're great supporters. This looks really spectacular!

Tammy said...

This is so cute, I love that fabulous scene you created! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Friends!
Tammy x

Unknown said...

such an unusual design it's so cheerful love the colours

Michelle J M said...

This is such a fun card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Oh La La Creations. Michellex

Crystal said...

Hi Marina, This is a lovely card! I'm honored that you were inspired by a card I created and shared the link. :)